Hey guys! I am back! So I have another book review for you guys and I just wanna start off by saying that I absolutely love this Book! This book is a inspiration! I love how its written and the story of it Obviously!
So lets go on to the review.
Over View (Back of the book :))
A beautiful scarf, passed down through the generations, connects two women who learn that the weight of the world is made bearable by the love we give away….
September 1911. On Ellis Island in New York Harbor, nurse Clara Wood cannot face returning to Manhattan, where the man she loved fell to his death in the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire. Then, while caring for a fevered immigrant whose own loss mirrors hers, she becomes intrigued by a name embroidered onto the scarf he carries… and finds herself caught in a dilemma that compels her to confront the truth about the assumptions she’s made. Will what she learns devestate her or free her?
September 2011. On Manhattan’s Upper West Side, widow Taryn Michaels has convinced herself that she is living fully, working in a charming specialty fabric store and raising her daughter alone. Then a long-lost photograph appears in a national magazine, and she is forced to relive the terrible day her husband died in the collapse of the World Trade Towers…..the same day a stranger reached out and saved her. Will a chance reconnection and a century-old scarf open Taryn’s eye to the larger forces at work in her life?
1. “Everything beautiful has a story it wants to tell”
2. “Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter”
3. “There were a thousand words for dreams realized and only one common whimper for hopes interrupted”
4. “It should always make up happy to say that loving someone and being loved by someone is worth whatever price paid”
5. “Kindness is always motivated by something nobler than just a desire to be kind”
6. “If I had learned anything from this past year, it is that despair is love’s fiercest enemy”
I can go on to a lot more quotes but that would be really long so I am gonna stop here! Hehe!
I think that this book is very well written and the author is very talented. It is also very inspirational! The story is phenomenal! This book makes you curious to learn about early 20th century Manhattan. This book has its kind of dark side when it starts asking questions but overall I enjoyed reading this book!
I hope you guys enjoyed this book review and hope some of you are going to read this book because why not? Haha!
Until next time, Bye! ^-^