In my Language Arts class, we are required to read a total of five books (one book each nine weeks) and do a book report, a book review in our blogs, a PowerPoint presentation, and a book review on YouTube. I choose a book review in my blog! I originally wanted to do a review on YouTube but I figured that a book review in my blog will be much more convenient than a YouTube video.
The book that I will be reviewing today is The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, this is a very well known book and this book was also made in to a movie. It is one of John Green’s best selling books, others are Paper Towns, An Abundance of Katherines Looking for Alaska, Let it Snow and many more.
The thing about this book is that it is a real tear jerker so get you tissues ready, and also get ready for the emotional rollercoaster that this book will give you. Lots of feels so buckle up an enjoy the ride, if you ever decide to read this book.
On to the review!
Author: John Green
Genre: Teen Fiction, Romance
Why do I like this book?
- ITS A REAL TEAR JERKER, GET YOUR TISSUES READY OKAY
- The romance is real
- The plot is perfect
- The book is well paced
All time favorite quotes from the book:
- “You don’t get to chose if you get hurt in this world…but you do have some say in who hurts you.”
- “The marks that human leave are too often scars.”
- “The World is not a Wish Granting factory.”
- Hazel Grace Lancaster: A teenage girl who’s life changed by a boy who’s named:
- Augustus Waters: A boy that fell in love slowly then all at once to a girl who’s named Hazel Grace Lancaster.
Main Events: This might be confusing because I didn’t tell you why this and that happened, I want you to read the book yourself 😉
- Hazel catches Augustus looking at her during the cancer support group.
- Augustus asking Hazel if she can come over to his house to watch a movie (Well that escalated quickly..)
- Augustus spending his wish to Hazel so she can go and meet her favorite author that lives all the way to Amsterdam
- Peter Van Houten, (Hazel’s favorite author who turned out to be a real jerk), kicking Hazel and Augustus out of his home because he refuses to tell them what happens at the end of his book (Read the book to understand)
- Hazel and Augustus kissed in the Anne Frank House
- Hazel and Augustus’s big date in Amsterdam
- Hazel finding out that Augustus’s not cancer free that she thought he was
- Something really big happened in the book and I really don’t want to spoil it for you, but I have to list it here so if you don’t want to read it then skip this next sentence. Augustus dies because the doctors were unable to cure his Osteosarcoma (a type of cancer).
Story Conclusion: Warning!! Spoilers!!
When Hazel and Augustus returns to the United States, Augustus’s health worsens. Augustus ends up in the ICU for a few days. Augustus fears for his death so he invited Hazel and his bestfriend Issac to his pre-funeral where they give eulogies. Peter Van Houten flies to Indianapolis to attend Augustus’s funeral because he felt bad about being rude to them when they visited him in Amsterdam. Hazel finds out that Augustus wrote her a sequel for her favorite book, he wrote that you get to choose the people that get to hurt you, he says that he is happy of his choice and the book ends with Hazel saying that she’s happy with her choice too.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ – 5/5: This book is a must buy!